Capital Area Breastfeeding Resource Guide 4.28.16
For use by health care providers, mothers and others. If you know of a resource that should be added please contact Ann Siegle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to print a version of this for your patients, colleagues or friends, download and print one of the following guides:
Quick Support Guide:
This guide is set up for two guides per page, and can be cut in half after printing : Need Help Resource Guide
The larger Hospital’s full version includes more resources for postpartum depression and is set up for double-sided single page printing and is ideal for local hospitals, physician offices and breastfeeding support clinics. CABC Printable Resource Guide 3-28-16
FREE Breastfeeding Support:
Capital Area Baby Café: Drop in breastfeeding support
Wednesdays 10 am-12 pm, Pennway Church of God 1101 E. Cavanaugh Lansing, MI 48910.
Call EPO for more info: (517) 337-7365 Facebook.com/capitalareababycafe
Delta-Waverly La Leche League http://llldeltawaverly.weebly.com/ Meetings 1st Tuesday 6:30 pm, McLaren Lansing 401 W. Greenlawn Ave. Lansing, MI 48910.
2nd and 4th Wednesday 10 am Delta Presbyterian Church, 6100 W. Michigan Ave., Lansing
3rd Tuesday 6:30 pm Delta Presbyterian Church 6100 W. Michigan Ave., Lansing, MI
Group Leaders: Mary Ann Collins Martin (517) 321-1818 email@example.com, Alexia Mansour (248) 766-6988 firstname.lastname@example.org, Jessi Thomas (989) 598-4404 JDelliBovi827@aol.com
East Lansing La Leche League: http://lalecheeastlansing.com/ Meetings 1st Thursday 6:30 pm, First Christian Church, 1001 Chester Road, Lansing
3rd Thursday 6:30 pm, WIllow Tree Family Center 3333 S. Pennsylvania Ave #101, Lansing, MI 48910
Virtual Meetings 4th Thursday at 9:00 p.m. Join meetings here: https://www.facebook.com/lalecheeastlansing/posts/494768520707887
Group Leaders Laura email@example.com Jodi (517) 648-0432, Lindsey (586) 801-3763 firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Breastfeeding Sisterhood Mother-led breastfeeding support group 1st and 3rd Mondays, 3 pm-5 pm, Willow Tree Family Center 3333 S. Pennsylvania, Lansing, MI park in the back (586) 806-9832 or (517) 420-5421
Cristo Rey Community Center Breastfeeding Support Group Friday mornings, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m., 1217 High Street, Lansing. Pregnant and nursing mothers welcome.
Breastfeeding in East Lansing Facebook Support Group: send email request to email@example.com to join.
WIC Breastfeeding Help Line Leave a message 24/7. A Breastfeeding Peer Counselor will return your call. (517) 887-4543.
Ingham County Health Department Public Health Nurse home visits for breastfeeding support. Medicaid-eligible clients (517) 887-4322.
Black Breastfeeding Moms of Michigan: https://www.facebook.com/groups/276094752544551/
Ingham County WIC Program – 517-887-4326
Eaton County WIC Program – 517-541-2630- Heather Sanders, WIC Coordinator; 517-541-2650, WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
Mid-Michigan District Health Department (Clinton County) WIC Program – 989-224-2195
Shiawassee County Health Department WIC Program – 989-743-2383 or 800-859-4229
Maternal-Infant Outreach Program
Women’s Health Services – 517-887-4320; www.Ingham.org/hd/womens/index/htm
County and District Health Departments
- Barry-Eaton District Heath Department (Lansing No.) – 517-485-7110 WIC Program – 517-541-2630 (Eaton) or 269-945-9516 (Barry)
- Ingham County Health Department
- Child Health Services – 517-887-4305
- Prenatal Nutritionist – 517-887-4320
- Public Health Nursing – 517-887-4322–home visits for breastfeeding support
- WIC Program – 517-887-4326
- WIC Breastfeeding Help Line- 517-887-4543 – leave a message 24/7.
- Mid-Michigan District Health Department (Clinton County) 989-224-7772 Public Health Nursing, Option 5 Maternal and Infant Support Services, Option 6 WIC Program, Option 5
- Shiawassee County Health Department WIC Program – 989-743-2383 or 800-859-4229
Willow Tree Family Center, 3333 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 101, Lansing, MI 48910 www.willowtreefamily.com 586-806-WTFC
Help for Postpartum Depression
Kersten Kimmerly, LMSW Individual and Group therapy 517 333-3741
Jennifer Novello, LMSW, 517 999-9005
Dr. Shelley Smithson (Psychologist) 517 332-1562
“Warm Line” Jennifer Chenault 517-204-3067.
Shades of Motherhood: Postpartum depression Support group. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 734-204-3067
- The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About your Baby from Birth to Age Two, William and Martha Sears
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, Diane Wiessinger and Diana West
- The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk, Diane West
- Mothering Multiples, Karen Gromada
- Balancing Breast & Bottle: Reaching Your Breastfeeding Goals, Amy Peterson and Mindy Harmer
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers, Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
- Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple, Nancy Mohrbacher
- Sweet Sleep: Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family, La Leche League International , Diane Wiessinger , Diana West , Linda J. Smith ,Teresa Pitman
- Best for Babes Foundation – www.bestforbabes.org
- Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association–http://www.blackmothersbreastfeeding.org
- Capital Area Breastfeeding Coalition – www.mibreastfedbaby.com
- CDC Guide to Breastfeeding Interventions – www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/resources/guide.htm
- Infant Risk Center – Medications & mother’s milk answer hotline — www.infantrisk.com
- Kellymom.com, IBCLC Lactation Consultant breastfeeding answer site – www.kellymom.com
- Michigan Breastfeeding Network: http://www.mibreastfeeding.org/
- Stanford University School of Medicine, “Getting Started with Breastfeeding” http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/
- Nancy Mohrbacher Solutions on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NancyMohrbacher
- Nancy Mohrbacher blog and resources: http://www.nancymohrbacher.com
Apps and Blogs – with links to other bloggers:
- Coffective Free mobile app. Evidence based educational materials about breastfeeding
- The Breastfeeding Solutions app by Nancy Mohrbacher. Costs $4.99 on iTunes. Straightforward solutions to the 30 most common breastfeeding problems.
- Momzelle Breastfeeding Blog:http://www.momzelle.com/blog/– research, anecdotes from a new mother, and nursing fashions.
- Secrets of Baby Behavior, University of California-Davis Human Lactation Center- http://www.secretsofbabybehavior.com/