Attendance: Natosha, Ann, Lynn, Claretta, N’aimah, Diane
Announcements: Congrats to N’aimah, who has been hired as a peer counselor at Ingham County Health Department! WIC will hire another peer counselor.
CABC Structure and Organization—discussion and prioritizing what CABC is about, and what we can invest our time in:
- Advocacy role*
- Milk Mixer—connect with providers (N’aimah)
- Baby Fair—help promote and have a presence with information, rock n rest
- Nurse-In (Natosha)
- Big Latch-On at the Capitol (Lynn)
- Breastfeeding Awareness Month in August
- Resource Guides (Diane, Ann)*
- Website/Social Media/Facebook (Ann)*
- Recognizing Breastfeeding Friendly Businesses
- Organization Coordination and Collaboration – support and encourage partners that promote breastfeeding
*key functions of CABC. Other activities need leaders /team members to accomplish.
How can we do what we do—better?
Engage with providers to see what their needs are
Learn from other coalitions—attend other coalition meetings
Increase our social media communications
Engage people in meetings
Use Trello to plan activities
More structure at meetings
Preparing for Breastfeeding Month (August):
Need a team leader and team members: ___________
Calendar of events – need design and placement on facebook, etc.
Big Latch On at the Capitol, 1st Saturday in August (Lynn)
Live Latch Love 2nd Sunday in August (LaLecheLeague)
Black Breastfeeding Sisterhood Barbecue
Black Breastfeeding Awareness Week
Breastfeeding Awareness Walk
Milky Way Screening (or, schedule in January?)
Next meetings: 5:30 – 7:30 at Mother&Earth Baby Boutique
2nd Wednesday of each month:
May 10 , June 14, July 12, August 9